Terms & Conditions
Shipping & Delivery with Direct Freight Express
All ‘in-stock’ products will be put through to shipping within one business day. Please check our opening hours in your timezone on our website and allow for some delays if ordering over a public holiday period. Shipping to East coast capital cities generally takes 1-3 business days. Shipping to Adelaide is generally 4-5 business days. Shipping to Perth is generally 5-6 business days. Shipping to Darwin or Hobart is generally 6-7 business days. Other locations will generally vary from 1 business day to 10 business days (10 days for regional NT).
Delivery can only be made to physical street addresses, no PO boxes. Please make sure the address on the delivery address is correct. It is important that the suburb is correct and matches the postcode. Our products can be delivered to a home or work address. Direct Freight requires a signature upon delivery. Anyone at the designated premises can sign for the product. Deliveries are made from Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm. If you are not home when the courier attempts delivery, they will leave a card with the details of the local depot for collection.
This table is an approximate guide for transit times for in-stock products.
|Delivery to Sydney, NSW||1-2 days|
|Delivery to Melbourne, VIC||2-3 days|
|Delivery to Brisbane, QLD||1-2 days|
|Delivery to Canberra, ACT||1-2 days|
|Delivery to Adelaide, SA||3-4 days|
|Delivery to Perth, WA||5-6 days|
|Delivery to Hobart, TAS||4-5 days|
|Delivery to Darwin, NT||8-10 days|
During busy times, please allow up to 48 hours for in-stock products to be shipped. This may vary during holiday periods however the Black Hawk team work very hard to ensure orders are shipped ASAP.
Delivery with Australia Post
The Australia Post service is a standard service, and delivery times depend on your location. You can get the estimated shipping times for a delivery to your postcode on the Australia Post website.
For customers purchasing their electric skateboards for usage to occur at a later date after delivery, we strongly recommend that the battery is charged every four weeks. This is important for customers who purchase an electric skateboard as a gift in advance. Without regular charging, the batteries can be affected and the capacity can be decreased as the cells are left unused. For more information on battery care please see our full list of battery care recommendations.
Products available on backorder will be shipped as soon as stock is available. Products available on back order are listed as such on the ‘product page’. We endeavor to ship our pre-sales as soon as possible in all cases. Products on back order are given the utmost priority to be completed in a timely fashion.
A cancellation of an order prior to shipment based on 'change of mind' or 'changing circumstances' is not offered.
We are unable to offer any cancellations or refunds for purchases paid through Zip or Afterpay as these services would charge Black Hawk Electric significantly.
In some circumstances, we can allow for cancellations of preordered products that are purchased through AfterPay or Zip Pay. Refunds for financed orders are subject to an on-charge equal to the amount to the amount charged by the finance provider and an additional $49 admin fee. The on-cost can differ for different products depending on the finance options and cost of the product.
Please contact Black Hawk by email to discuss this.
Black Hawk Electric (QLD) PTY LTD (“Black Hawk Electric”) warrants that all new Black Hawk Electric products are warranted to the original purchaser (“Purchaser”) against manufacturing defects in materials and/or workmanship for a period of (1) year from the date of original purchase. Black Hawk Electric will require the customer to complete a standard procedure for warranty claims that will involve media such as photos and videos to help Black Hawk Electric after sales staff establish the fault with the product. This is mandatory.
Consumer Component Warranty
The warranty period is calculated from the original purchase date. The original receipt of purchase is required to establish proof of purchase and warranty date and must be provided to Black Hawk Electric for all warranty claims. Only the individual components themselves are covered by the warranty. The removal, assembly and tuning requirements of the component is borne by the customer making the claim. The costs/inconvenience caused by the loss of use of the product is not covered whilst the warranty procedure takes place. The warranty for replacement components will be based on the original purchase date, as identified on the original purchase sale receipt.
Under no circumstance will a replacement component have a warranty date different from the original purchase date. If a replacement is necessary due to a defect in materials and/or workmanship, then upon return to Black Hawk Electric: The component will be replaced free of charge if it becomes defective during the warranty period. Shipping costs are additional.
Black Hawk Electric will have no obligation under this limited warranty in the event the product is damaged or destroyed as a result of any of the following events: component use on a non Black Hawk Electric product, damage or destruction by abuse; collision; theft; improper maintenance or mishandling of the product; natural forces such as wind, lightning, hail, etc.; any willful or negligent act; penetration, or opening of the product casings in any manner. Replacement will be honored only by Black Hawk Electric. This is Black Hawk Electric's exclusive warranty.
No party is granted express or implied authority to change or annul this warranty in any manner. Implied warranty including that of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are expressly limited in duration to the duration of this warranty. Black Hawk Electric disclaims any liability for special, incidental or consequential damages. If you purchase your product in a state/province/territory that disallows limitation on implied warranty, or the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental or consequential damages, the limitation and exclusions stated above may not apply to you.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary by location.
Terms of Limited Warranty
This warranty becomes effective on the date of original purchase. This warranty is not meant to suggest or imply that the products cannot be broken or will last forever. It does mean that the product is covered subject to the terms of the warranty.
This warranty applies only to the original Purchaser of the product and is not transferable to subsequent owners or any other party. This warranty is void if the product is subjected to abuse, neglect, improper repair, improper maintenance, alteration, modification, an accident or other abnormal, excessive, or improper use, at the sole discretion of Black Hawk Electric. During the duration of this warranty, Black Hawk Electric, at their cost, will either repair the product component(s), or at Black Hawk Electric’ sole discretion, will replace any defective product component(s) with the same or equivalent component(s). The foregoing warranties are in lieu of and exclude all other warranties not expressly set forth herein, whether express or implied by operation of law or otherwise, including, but not limited to any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall Black Hawk Electric be liable for incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising from use or unavailability of the product component(s) in any manner, including, without limitation, damages for personal injury, property damage, or economic losses, whether based on contract, warranty, negligence, product liability, or any other theory.
Black Hawk Electric's liability hereunder is expressly limited to the repair or replacement of product component(s), or at Black Hawk Electric's sole discretion, to the net amount paid by the original purchaser. If the original Purchaser elects to repair a defective product component(s) themselves or use the services of someone other than Black Hawk Electric (or its designee) to repair the product, or if Purchaser uses a replacement part not authorized by Black Hawk Electric, Black Hawk Electric will not be liable for any damage, failure or loss caused by the use of such unauthorized service or parts. If the Purchaser does not have a valid warranty claim as set forth in the Terms and Conditions, this limited warranty does not include such shipment or transportation costs.
Realistic expectations surrounding top speed performance and range is generally advised. There are countless variables involved with the expected top speed and range from your battery such as:
Plus other factors like wind, heat and many more.
Additional factors include the measurement of velocity and/or distance which can vary with mobile devices that are only able to give an 'indication' on speed based on low accuracy GPS signals etc. Due to the level of variables involved, light electric vehicles including our electric skateboards are advertised with the approximate speed and range expected rather than an exact number.
This warranty does not cover: normal wear and tear damage, damage due to exposure to the elements (i.e. water or sun damage), punctures, failure from abuse, neglect, misuse, or accident damage from stunt riding, ramp jumping, acrobatics, or similar activities or any activity that is not consistent with the intended use of the product damages resulting from improper charging of the battery pack or use of any charger not supplied by Black Hawk Electric installation of any parts, accessories, or electrical component(s) not originally intended for or compatible with the product as sold, or any modification of the frame or any component(s) originally supplied; tires, brake pads, chains, lights, motors, battery packs, displays, or vehicle controllers that have been opened for any purpose whatsoever, other than by Black Hawk Electric or its authorized agents All warranties are void if the product is used for any purpose other than the reasonable intended use of the product. Additionally, this warranty does not cover damage associated with commercial use.
When producing and manufacturing products made with layered wooden materials, (eg. 'maple wood' skateboard decks), some imperfections in the finish or appearance can be expected. our quality control process, of course, rejects any components or products that are unsafe or not fit for purpose.
Additionally, grip tape application on brand new skateboard decks in some rare cases, result in air bubbles forming when transported in high-temperature environments. Air bubbles are not considered a fault of the product as the grip tape is a consumable component. Air bubbles can be easily removed with a small but sharp object, carefully piercing the bubble to allow trapped air to escape.
Furthermore, consumable components including wheels, wheel skins, and tires are subject to wear and tear. Wear, including a reduction in material, small cracks, and imperfections can be expected when riding the skateboard over varying terrain, including pathways, roads and rough or uneven areas. Spare components such as wheels/wheel skins can be purchased at a reasonable price.
Further Warranty Terms
The company warrants that the product will be free from defect in materials and workmanship for a period of 12 months. If the product proves defective under normal usage within the limitations given, a claim must be filed during the warranty time period. If the product is proved faulty under normal usage, Black Hawk Electric will at its discretion:
- Repair the product by means of email support with supplied photos and/or footage to demonstrate the fault or issue from the customer.
- Repair the product with new or refurbished parts within a reasonable time frame.
Warranty matters cannot and will not be discussed through telephone discussions as all matters must be written in email to keep a paper trail of all things said.
Any warranty matters that take an extended period of time due to slow or delayed responses from the customer will result in the battery warranty being void. The reason for this is that these Lithium Ion batteries require charging every 4 weeks minimum. If customers take longer than this amount of time to communicate with us, then the battery may be harmed or damage while left unused or uncharged; In which case, the battery would not be covered under warranty.
The following situations are beyond the warranty inclusions:
- Damage has been caused by modification or used outside what is specified within the product limitations.
- The product has been dismantled or repaired by an unauthorized third party.
- Damage or fault has been caused by other issues.
- Natural wear and tear do not affect product function, including scratches, wear and tear on deck, grip tape, bearings, wheels, and wheel skins.
- Total distance traveled is over 1500km.
- Damage caused by accidents, such as: dropping the skateboard or leaving the skateboard in a wet environment where rust or corrosion has developed on the skateboard. This includes coastal areas where salt spray is abundant.
- Damage caused by overloading the electric skateboard.
- Damage caused by water.
- Damage caused by natural events such as fire, flood, storm or extreme temperatures.
Battery Warranty Terms
It is important to follow and observe all safety information to ensure the safe use of the electric skateboard and battery.
- Do not use skateboard if the battery pack is broken or pierced.
- Do not use skateboard if the battery pack emits an unusual smell, smoke or excessive heat.
- Do not use skateboard if battery pack leaks any substance and avoid contact with the battery.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Exposure to battery voltage could result in serious injury or death.
- Unplug or disconnect the skateboard from AC power before removing or attaching battery or performing any service.
- Never work on the skateboard when it is plugged into AC power source. You may risk serious injury from electric shock as well as damage to the skateboard.
- The cells within the battery contain toxic substances.
- Do not attempt to open batteries. Do not insert any objects into the battery or use any device to pry the battery out of the skateboard.
- If you insert an object into any of the battery ports or openings you could suffer electric shock, injury, burns or cause a fire.
- Attempting to open the battery casing will damage the casing and could release toxic and harmful substances and render the battery pack and skateboard useless and warranty voided.
- Observe and follow all safety information on the warning label found on the batteries.
- Failure to charge the batteries could result in permanent damage to them. Left unplugged, the batteries could fully discharge over time and could cause permanent damage rendering the battery pack and skateboard useless and warranty voided.
- Only use chargers supplied and approved by Black Hawk Electric and never attempt to bypass or override the protection circuits.
- Do not attempt to wash the skateboard with water or high-pressure water washers.
- Avoid getting water near or into the charge port.
- Do not fit or install any voltage measuring devices to any components.
- Always make sure that the charger port is dry before you connect the charger cord.
- Do not submerge the battery, skateboard or charger into the water. If you suspect the batteries or skateboard have been submerged or experienced water intrusion, do not attempt to remove the batteries.
- Do not plug the charger into the board if the skateboard, battery, motors or charger has been submerged or exposed to water ingress.
- As will all rechargeable batteries, do not charge near flammable material or liquids.
- If you use, charge or store the skateboard outside the limits specified, you may void the warranty. You may also damage your batteries and/or experience a reduced range and inconsistent battery charging.
- Do not leave the skateboard charging or stored in any room, dwelling, vehicle or confined space that is above 30° Celsius or below 5° Celsius. Leaving your skateboard in a hot vehicle may cause damage to the battery, motors, vehicle or surrounding environment.
- Lithium Ion batteries are classed as, “Hazardous Materials.” Transporting Lithium Ion batteries by air or other methods may be prohibited by policies or law.
- Contact the designated company or agents transporting the skateboard for their rules and regulations.
- Failure to follow these instructions could cause electric shock, injury, burns or cause a fire.
- Natural capacity loss of the battery is expected and inevitable over time. Batteries are warranted to 80% capacity at the end of the warranty period. If you feel your battery is lacking in performance, you can return your skateboard for a professional discharge test with our specialist equipment. This process involves your battery being fully charged, then connected to our discharge test machine and loaded up to be measured for capacity runtime. This process can only be done by Black Hawk Electric and the calculation of its capacity is done only by Black Hawk Electric. If your battery passes the discharge test of greater than 80% capacity, the customer is responsible for all shipping/postage costs.
Aftermarket components or modifications Procedures
Warranty work must be performed by Black Hawk Electric or an authorized agent of Black Hawk Electric. Proof of purchase must be provided. To qualify for warranty services, a Warranty Product Return Authorization Number (“WPRAN”) must be obtained by the original purchaser from Black Hawk Electric. The original Purchaser must contact a Black Hawk Electric representative to discuss the problem with the product and to obtain a WPRAN. Upon issuance of a WPRAN, the product component(s) must be returned to Black Hawk Electric at its designated location for warranty work. The original Purchaser is responsible for the return of the product, undamaged in transit, to Black Hawk Electric for warranty work and for the costs associated with shipping and ensuring the product and component(s) when returning them. If Black Hawk Electric’ authorized qualified technicians determine a warranty claim is valid and conforms with this warranty, Black Hawk Electric will repair or replace the component(s) or replace the entire product at Black Hawk Electric's cost, including materials and labor. For valid warranty claims hereunder, Black Hawk Electric will reimburse the original Purchaser for shipping and insurance costs incurred as a result of returning the product to Black Hawk Electric for warranty work at standard ground shipping rates, and Black Hawk Electric will pay for shipping costs to return the product to the original Purchaser.
Our extensive quality control means that our products are thoroughly tested and ultra-reliable by industry standards. Our 12-month warranty is industry leading as many other brands only offer a 30 or 60-day warranty.
All products are warranted to work as described on arrival and for the warranty period. If there is a warranty/returns claim it will be assessed by Black Hawk Electric and repaired under warranty. Black Hawk Electric products can only be assessed by Black Hawk Electric. Black Hawk Electric is not liable for any unauthorized repairs to or inspections of our products. If your Black Hawk Electric product has an issue you must notify Black Hawk Electric and inform us of the problem, we will then arrange to assess the product.
Under the consumer guarantee, Black Hawk Electric is within they're rights to repair or replace a product or component within a reasonable time frame, short of being required to supply a refund. This is in keeping with the rules and regulations set out by the ACCC and Fair Trading.
Customers are entitled to a refund if the product has a major fault. This can only be assessed by Black Hawk Electric. Once the product has been returned, if there is a minor fault that is easily repaired, it will be repaired in a timely fashion and the product will be sent back to the customer at Black Hawk Electric's cost.
Why don’t we offer free returns?
We do not accept returns for change of mind. In our line of products, unless the item is majorly damaged or defective upon arrival, we’re not able to offer returns for a refund because there is a moderate risk of damage in transit once the goods have been taken out of the carton by the customer.
We accept a certain level of risk each time we ship out one of our electric vehicle products and unfortunately the courier accepts nil responsibility. If something is damaged in return freight, essentially we may have cost ourselves the value of the write-off if someone has simply changed their mind, or didn’t read the item description before purchase.
Do you offer a free trial?
We do not offer free trials. Companies that offer free trials will often sell stock that's been reconditioned after trial periods, like brand new. For this reason, all our products are brand new and unused when purchased. When you buy a Black Hawk Electric product, you’re buying a 100% new, unused product.
In special instances where Black Hawk Electric has authorized the return for a product for fault inspection, Black Hawk Electric will book the pickup order with our courier. After booking the courier, Black Hawk Electric is not responsible for breakdowns in service of the courier, due to any reason. Some of these reasons arise then the customer is not home and the courier refuses to pick the item up. Most couriers have to abide by there own internal safe practices act by not taking responsibility for a parcel unless the correct paperwork has been signed on pickup by the customer. Black Hawk Electric will go to all reasonable lengths to ensure a smooth, problem-free pickup but as we are not the courier, we cannot always guarantee timing will work within a customer’s schedule. Once the item is picked up the customer must, under all circumstances, retain a copy of the consignment note, otherwise neither the courier nor Black Hawk Electric is responsible for the safe delivery back to Black Hawk Electric service center. The customer agrees that when shipping an item back to Black Hawk Electric, whether by their own means or by courier, Black Hawk Electric is not held responsible for any damage in return freight back to Black Hawk Electric, or after repair when forwarded back to the customer. By returning the item to Black Hawk Electric the customer agrees to the above.
Contact Black Hawk Electric for any warranty related matters.